Terms and conditions
Table of contents
The information and links on the Canada Industrial Relations Board website are provided for convenience of reference only and have no official sanction. The Canada Industrial Relations Board cannot guarantee that its website or the documents found therein are complete or wholly accurate. Also, it cannot guarantee that the site will function without failures or interruptions. The Board will not be liable for any damage arising out of, or in connection with, the use of its website.
The Canada Industrial Relations Board website is subject to the Official Languages Act and applicable Treasury Board policies. We strive to ensure that all information is available simultaneously in English and French. It should be noted, however, that some information originating from external sites or some of the suggested links may be available in the original language only.
Copyright/permission to reproduce
Materials on this website were produced and/or compiled by the Canada Industrial Relations Board for the purpose of providing Canadians with direct access to information about the programs and services offered by the Government of Canada.
The material on this site is covered by the provisions of the Copyright Act, by Canadian laws, policies, regulations and international agreements. Such provisions serve to identify the information source and, in specific instances, to prohibit reproduction of materials without written permission.
Information on this site has been posted with the intent that it be readily available for personal and public non-commercial use and may be reproduced, in part or in whole and by any means, without charge or further permission from the Canada Industrial Relations Board. We ask only that:
- users exercise due diligence in ensuring the accuracy of the materials reproduced;
- the Canada Industrial Relations Board be identified as the source agency; and
- the reproduction is not represented as an official version of the materials reproduced, nor as having been made in affiliation with or with the endorsement of the Canada Industrial Relations Board.
Unless otherwise specified, you may not reproduce materials on this site, in whole or in part, for the purposes of commercial redistribution without prior written permission from the Canada Industrial Relations Board.
To obtain permission to reproduce Government of Canada materials on this site for commercial purposes, write to:
Canada Industrial Relations Board
C.D. Howe Building
4th Floor West
240 Sparks Street
or by online inquiry
You may also contact us to obtain additional information concerning copyright ownership and restrictions, as some of the content on this site may be subject to the copyright of another party. Where information has been produced or copyright is not held by the Government of Canada, the materials are protected under the Copyright Act and international agreements. Details concerning copyright ownership are indicated on the relevant page(s).
The Canada Industrial Relations Board’s website does not automatically gather any specific personal information from you, such as your name, phone number or email address. We only obtain that information if you supply it by email.
- All personal information created, held or collected by this organization in relation to persons visiting its website is protected under the federal Privacy Act. This means that at any point of collection you will be asked for consent to collect your information and that you will be informed of the purpose for which it is being collected and of how to exercise your right to access that information.
- The Board uses software to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information or to otherwise cause damage. The software receives and records the Internet Protocol (IP) addresses of computers that contact our website, the dates and times of the visits and the pages visited. We make no attempt to link those IP addresses with the identities of individuals visiting our site unless an attempt to damage the site has been detected.
- The Board does not normally use "cookies" to track how visitors use its site or to determine sites that the visitors previously viewed. The system will notify you before any cookies are used so that you may refuse them. (A "cookie" is a file that may be placed on your hard drive without your knowledge by a website to allow it to monitor your use of the site.)
- Information about individual visitors is used by those Board employees who need to know the information in order to respond to the visitors’ requests or to ensure the security of the system. We share the information you give us with other government departments only if your inquiry relates to another department. We do not use the information to create individual profiles or disclose it to anyone outside the federal government.
- The Board’s Policy on Openness and Privacy explains the measures that have been taken to prevent Internet searches of full-text decisions posted on the Board’s website. The only decision-related information on the website indexed by Internet search engines are decision summaries and the Board’s annual reports. We cannot guarantee that the technological measures will always be respected or free of mistakes or malfunctions. Please address your questions to the webmaster at IT-TI@tribunal.gc.ca.
Questions or comments about this policy or the administration of the Privacy Act at the Canada Industrial Relations Board may be directed to the ATSSC Access to Information and Privacy office by writing to:
Administrative Tribunals Support Service of Canada, Government of Canada
Access to Information and Privacy
240 Sparks Street, 4th Floor West
Ottawa ON K1A 0E1
If you are not satisfied with our response to your privacy concern, you may wish to contact the Office of the Privacy Commissioner (www.privcom.gc.ca).
Links to websites not under the control of the Canada Industrial Relations Board are provided solely for the convenience of visitors. The Board is not responsible for the accuracy, currency or reliability of the content. The Board does not offer any guarantee in that regard and is not responsible for the information found through these links, nor does it endorse the sites and their content.
Visitors should also be aware that information offered by non-Government of Canada sites to which the Board links is not subject to the Privacy Act or the Official Languages Act . Therefore, the information offered may not be accessible to persons with disabilities and may only be available in the language(s) used by the sites in question. Visitors should also research the privacy policies of the sites before providing personal information.
Reproduction of government symbols
The official symbols of the Government of Canada, including the "Canada" wordmark, the Arms of Canada, and the flag symbol, may not be reproduced, whether for commercial or non-commercial purposes, without written authorization. Request for authorization from the Treasury Board Secretariat may be addressed to:
Federal Identity Program
Treasury Board of Canada Secretariat
300 Laurier Avenue West