APPLICATION FOR REVIEW UNDER THE STATUS OF THE ARTIST ACT
In accordance with section 35(2) of the Status of the Artist Act Procedural Regulations (the Regulations), the Canada Industrial Relations Board (the Board) gives notice that it has received an application for review from the Directors Guild of Canada (the Guild).
The Guild is certified (Board order no. 10408-U) to represent a sector composed of:
all independent contractors, who are permanent residents of Canada or Canadian citizens, engaged in any production by a producer subject to the Status of the Artist Act [the Act], to perform the function of director, assistant director or first assistant director, excluding:
- artists covered by the certification granted to the Association des réalisateurs et réalisatrices du Québec by the Tribunal [Canadian Artists and Producers Professional Relations Tribunal] on December 30, 1997; and
- assistant directors and first assistant directors covered by the certification granted to the Regroupement APVQ-STCVQ by the Tribunal on March 4, 2003 [as modified by Order No. 10412-U].
The Guild is seeking to enlarge the scope of the sector it represents to add:
all independent contractors, who are permanent residents of Canada or Canadian citizens, engaged in any production by a producer subject to the Status of the Artist Act, to perform the function of computer graphics designer, set designer, location manager, picture editor, sound editor, art director, first assistant art director, and production designer,
- computer graphics designers, set designers, art directors, 1st assistant art directors and production designers in the provinces of Alberta, British Columbia and Manitoba; and
- picture editors and sound editors in the provinces of Alberta and British Columbia.
PLEASE NOTE THAT ANY DOCUMENT SENT TO THE BOARD REGARDING THIS APPLICATION WILL BE PLACED ON THE PUBLIC RECORD AND PROVIDED TO THE PARTIES AFFECTED BY THE APPLICATION. HOWEVER, DOCUMENTS THAT DEAL SOLELY WITH AN ARTIST'S WISH TO BE REPRESENTED OR NOT TO BE REPRESENTED BY AN ARTISTS’ ASSOCIATION WILL BE KEPT CONFIDENTIAL IN ACCORDANCE WITH SECTION 17 OF THE REGULATIONS.
If you wish to obtain a copy of the Act, the Regulations, or of the above-mentioned certification orders, please visit the Board’s Web site.
In accordance with its policy and procedures, the Board has appointed Mr. Jesse Peters, Industrial Relations Officer, to oversee the conduct of the file. The officer can be contacted by telephone at 613-947-5369 or at 1-855-221-1606.
Written representations must include the name and contact information of the person making the written representations and may be sent to the Canada Industrial Relations Board as follows:
- by email at email@example.com
- by fax at 613-941-4461
- by regular mail or by hand at the following address:
Canada Industrial Relations Board, National Capital Region
C.D. Howe Building, 4th Floor West, 240 Sparks Street, Ottawa, Ontario K1A 0X8
Please note that all written representations must be received at the Canada Industrial Relations Board no later than December 23, 2016.
- Date modified: