Terms of Reference of the Client Consultation Committee for the CIRB
1. The Canada Industrial Relations Board (the CIRB or the Board) established a consultation process for the purpose of canvassing the labour community, both labour and management sides, with respect to their expectations regarding industrial relations issues that concern them. This ongoing dialogue between the Board and the labour community will focus on the Board's mandate vis-à-vis free collective bargaining and the constructive settlement of disputes in the federal jurisdiction.
2. The Board, as represented by its Chairperson and selected officials, will meet with the CIRB Client Consultation Committee (the Committee) twice a year. The Committee is comprised of the following members:
Canadian Association of Labour Lawyers (CALL)—2 members
Canadian Labour Congress (CLC)—2 members
Confédération des syndicats nationaux (CSN)—1 member
Canadian Association of Counsel to Employers (CACE)—2 members
Federally Regulated Employers in Transportation and Communications Organization (FETCO)—3 members
Committee members will represent their respective organizations for a term of two years. Members can sit for more than one term.
3. The Committee's terms of reference is to provide the Board with its members views, feedback and suggestions regarding the following issues:
- the role the Board plays in the continuing development of effective industrial relations in the federal jurisdiction;
- general trends in the administration, application and interpretation of Part I of the Canada Labour Code (the Code) by the Board;
- possible or proposed amendments to Part I of the Code, as well as to the Canada Industrial Relations Board Regulations, 2012, in relation to matters falling within the Board's jurisdiction;
- the services provided by the Board to the industrial relations community;
- the Board's practices, policies and performance.
4. The Committee will hold discussions and exchange suggestions, advice, recommendations, views, solutions and comments openly, in an environment that guarantees full confidentiality.
- Date modified: